Essential oils are scented oils extracted from plants. Each essential oil has a legitimate therapeutic use. Some have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Others affect cognitive function, mood and memory. Some even help alleviate stiff, sore muscles and joints.
- Lavender – slows the activity of the central nervous system, improves sleep quality, promotes better concentration and helps promote hair growth.
- Orange – beneficial for maintaining the health, appearance, and texture of skin by promoting clarity, radiance, and smoothness, thereby reducing the signs of acne and other uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Peppermint – used widely to help alleviate nausea, headaches, upset stomachs, gas indigestion and anxiety.
- Eucalyptus – It carries many antimicrobial, insecticidal, herbicidal and nematocidal properties. It also helps fight influenza. It is also known to help respiratory problems and loosens phlegm in the nasal passage.
- Lemon Grass – has antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help your body fight off free radicals that damage cells.
- Tea Tree – Another antibacterial oil with the added benefit of fighting infection.
- Patchouli – soothe inflammation, fight water retention, break up cellulite, relieve constipation, promote weight loss, facilitate the faster healing of wounds by stimulating the growth of new skin.
- Rosemary – can promote relaxation and boost alertness as well as brain function, thereby improving memory.
- Ylang Ylang – promote relaxation, kill bacteria, lower high blood pressure, and increase sexual desire.
- Geranium – promote emotional stability, alleviate pain, stimulate healing from burns and wounds, enhance mood, and reduce inflammation.
- Calming Blend – used to help calm and relax you.
- Sports Blend – used to help the body recover from vigorous activity.
- Relaxing Blend – another blend aimed to help your body relax and calm you down after a stressful day